Day 01: Wednesday: Delhi
Step on board to a royal welcome, dinner on board, depart from Delhi
cantonment railway station for Jaipur at 1745 hrs.
Day 02: Thursday: Jaipur
Arr. 0830 hrs be greeted by caparisoned elephants, welcome to the
pink city of Jaipur. Discover Hawa Mahal, amber fort, Jantar Mantar
and city palace, and silent sentinels of a glorious era. Lunch at
Ram Bagh palace. Dine under stars at Jaimahal palace. Depart for
Jaisalmer at 2200 hrs.
Day 03: Friday: Jaisalmer
Arr. 0830 hrs, arrive at the 12th century city of Jaisalmer dominated
by its sandstone fort of 99 bastions. Visit the exquisitely carved
havelis and palaces with their latticed windows, balconies, cupolas
and facades. Experience the famed camel safaris and desert camps,
and dine under the stars as the rhythm of Rajasthani music drifts
into the night. Depart for Jodhpur at 2330 hrs.
Day 04: Saturday: Jodhpur
Arr. 0900 hrs, the Mehrangarh fort looks large over this 15th century
city. Visit this magnificent fort and Jaswant Thada, the royal cenotaph.
Lunch at the Umaid Bhawan Palace, the royal residence, a part of
which is now a hotel. Depart for Ranthambhor at 1545 hrs.
Day 05: Sunday: Ranthambhor
Arr. 0630 hrs, welcome to the beautiful 10th century fort of Ranthambhor,
surrounded by the Ranthambhor national park, a project tiger reserve,
the imposing ramparts of the fort soar high above still echoing
the ancient past. Depart for Chittaurgarh at 1100 hrs. Chittaurgarh
arr. 1600 hrs, images of love and valor. Scars of battle lost and
won, thrice besieged, Chittaurgarh fort is all this and more. Dinner
on board, depart for Udaipur.
Day 06: Monday: Udaipur
Arr. 0830 hrs, moving legends of honor and pride as you arrive in
Udaipur- the city of lakes, palaces, gardens, temples and forts.
Lunch at the lake palace hotel, the former residence of the Prince
of Mewar. Enjoy the tranquility of Lake Pichola; visit the city
palace in all its ancient glory, the residence of Maharajas of Udaipur.
Depart for Bharatpur and Agra at 2000 hrs.
Day 07: Tuesday: Bharatpur
Arr. 0715 hrs, a wonderland of birds, visit the renowned Keoladeo
Ghana national park at Bharatpur, once the preserve of the Maharaja
of Bharatpur and now a world heritage site. It is home to 300 species
of birds, some flying from as far as China and Siberia. Visit the
red fort stone of Fatehpur Sikri. Lunch at the Mughal Sheraton in
Agra and visit to one of the most beautiful monuments ever conceived,
the Taj Mahal. Depart for Delhi at 2000 hrs.
Day 08: Wednesday: Delhi
Arr. 0730 hrs, breakfast on board, return to Delhi Cantonment railway
station with unforgettable memories.
Tariff Per person per night. (Total 7 nights / 8 days Programme)
||Sept'07-08 & Apr'07-08
US $ 560
US $ 415
US $ 419
US $ 322
US $ 340
US $ 260
Terms & Conditions
1. Children below 5 to 12 years charged 50 percent of the tariff
2. Valid up to April 2005.
3. Indian passengers can pay in rupees (equivalent amount) at the exchange rate prevalent at the time of payment.
4. Tariff is inclusive of travel, full catering (morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner), conducted sightseeing tour by deluxe coaches, entrance fee and camera charges at monument and palaces, cultural programs, elephant and camel rides, boating to and fro lake palace hotel at Udaipur & rickshaw rides.
5. Complimentary one bottle of mineral water per person per day on board.
6. Tariff does not include liquor, beverages, laundry, video camera charges at monuments and other items of personal nature on board or out side.
7. Alteration in itinerary can be made without prior notice due to unavoidable circumstances.
8. Laundry service is available at Jaipur & Jodhpur.
9. Foreign exchange facility is available at hotel counters.
10. Palace on wheels recommends shopping at state handicrafts emporium only.
11. If the group consists of over 50 persons the excursion is divided into two batches. One group follows the normal order of sightseeing while the other covers it in reverse order